Station Location: 8485 Ustick Road
Station Call Letters: KUS676
Units in Quarters: Engine 4 and Reserve Engine 4
1912 - Station 4 was built at the corner of McKinley Street and East State Street. The structure was built in the same style as the station at Sixteenth and Fort Street--a two-story residential style station with a single unit bay. In 1923, though, the station was closed as part of a consolidation back to 3 stations. Station 1 was located at Sixth and Main; Station 2 at Sixteenth and Fort Street; Station 3 at Boise Avenue and Williams Street.
In 1950, Station 4 was built at the corner of Kootenai Street and Federal Way. The station operated for 20 years, closing in 1970, after the acquisition of the old Whitney Fire Station (now renamed Station 8).
Somewhere between 1970 and 1974, a new Station 4 was built at 8485 West Ustick Road. At that time, it would be the westernmost station in the city limits. The station remains at this location as Station 4 to this day.
|Station 1||Station 2||Station 3||Station 5||Station 6||Station 7||Station 8||Station 9||Station 10||Station 11|
|Station 12||Station 13||Station 14||Station 15||Station 16||Station 17||Station 18||Station 19||Station 20||22-Closed|
Back to Home